This club was formed in 1978 by members looking for a safe, proper and organized R/C Flying Club. We normally maintain a membership of approximately 140 individuals. We are a charter member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics, Charter # 1445– District II. Our goal is to provide a safe and friendly place to fly radio control aircraft. We are doing our best to operate in a safe, respectable and environmentally friendly manor.
We hope you use this site to learn about our club and our hobby. If you have ideas to improve the site please let us know.
WILL BE AT THE FIELD
JUNE 6th, 2015
2015 Membership is now open for renewal. Please hit "Join Club or Renew" button above and follow directions. The system automatically cross-checks your AMA status so do not proceed if you are not current with the AMA.
A reminder to those who are have already signed up. Please wear your badge. We will be checking membership on a regular basis. Please note- Those who have not signed up no longer have flying privilages.
Turbines Jets are no longer permitted to fly at our site
Turbines Jets have now been banned from our field. The owner of the field has elected to ban all such aircraft. Sorry to those of you you fly such aircraft, but this was due to overflights of the owners full scale airfield and beyond. Concerns regarding near miss possibilities as well as full scale/model strikes were the reasoning.
FPV Rules Update
As we have seen more and more of FPV flying at our field we felt it important enough to put the AMA rules pertaining to such flying on our site. Please go to Resources for a reprint of the AMA Rules. Please also note that the FAA has issued it's rulings and recreational use of FPV will not be restricted beyond those rules agreed to with the AMA. Check out the AMA website for details.Visit WWW.MODELAIRCRAFT.ORG/GOV
for updates on AMA's Government advocacy efforts.
Important Items to Note as a Member
- You must have your membership card visible at all times when at the field.
- Non AMA Members are not to be in the pits.
- Flight stations have been set up. Please fly from behind the flight stations (Split rail fence). Do not fly from the runway.
- Take your large trash home! Cigarette Butts in the Cigarette Container only.
- No dogs allowed (per the property owner)
- Parking is behind the cinderblock/wooden rail border and the grassy area behind roadway
- Helicopter/Quad area is eather from the regular flight line (while flying the pattern if others are flying) or in one of the two locations behind the flightline. Ask somebody if you are not sure where to fly. If you fly from our other locations you must not fly beyond the fixed wing flight line. No flying from or in the pits.
- Fixed wing fly in front of flight line at all times. Do not fly behind the flight line. It extends in both directions without end. This is an AMA rule that must be followed.
- When others are flying, land and take off into the wind. Not sure, watch what others are doing, check the flight arrow, or ask.
- FLY THE PATTERN when others are flying. If you do not know what the pattern is ask.
- If you wish to fly 3D while others are flying do so in the middle of the field (not the runway) so as to not interfere with the pattern. Yield to pattern flyers.
- If you are flying alone and others go up you must fly the pattern if not already doing so.
- Loudly call landings and take offs. Landing aircraft always take priority.
- Loudly declare emergencies so others can clear the way for you. If you hear somebody declare an emergency while you are flying, give them room and stay aware.
- Common and flying courtesy is a must. Consider others at all times.
Remember, safety and rule enforcment is the responsibility of every member, not just the Board or the Safety Marshals. You must help by following the rules and helping those that do not to change thier ways. This will minimize accidents, government regulation, lawsuits and possible loss of our right to fly. It will also help us to maintain our field and keep the relationship with the owner. Failure to follow the simple rules has already cost us the right to fly turbines. Please do your part to help.
Safety comes first, above all else.
Website Questions/Help? Contact Steve (Temporary Web Administrator) by clicking here